If a student should have concerns or complaints against the school these are the steps that should be taken to resolve the issue:
- Discuss the matter with the instructor.
- Discuss with the School President.
- If it becomes necessary, the individual may contact:
ND Department of Career and Technical Education
State Capital, 15th Floor
600 East Boulevard Ave Dept 270
Bismarck ND 58505-0610
Students will be asked to provide the following information upon filing a complaint with the North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education:
- Student name and contact information.
- School address and telephone.
- A copy of the student’s Enrollment Agreement.
- A copy of the school catalog in effect at the time of the student’s enrollment.
- A copy of the school’s student handbook, or document containing the schools’ policies in effect at the time of enrollment.
- A detailed description of the complaint, including any correspondence, notes or documents that further illustrate the circumstances surrounding the complaint.
- Any records documenting attempts by the student to resolve the complaint using the school’s complaint procedure. Include dates, names of applicable school officials, and other supporting documentation.
Complaints regarding LWT must be submitted within six months of the alleged violation.
If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting a LWT staff member or online at www.accsc.org.