Gas Metal Arc Welding Training
Funding options are available to make your education affordable. Call us today.
Course Objective: Prepare students with the skills and knowledge for employment in manufacturing. This course is designed for individuals with no welding experience or limited welding experience and who want to pursue a career in the manufacturing industry.
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this program is Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) and Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW). Students will learn welding safety and instruction on all transfer modes. Training of the students will show them how to perform quality fillet and groove welds. Other areas of study include basic trade math, welding symbols, blueprint reading, oxy-acetylene, plasma cutting training and air carbon arc gouging.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Able to understand the different wires and shielding gases associated with GMAW and FCAW
- Able to understand welding symbols and blueprints
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 1G & 2G Limited with backing weld qualification test to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M current standards
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions and groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch