Funding options are available to make your education affordable. Call us today.
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this course is Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW-Stick). Students will learn arc welding safety and the fundamentals of SMAW – Stick welding process. During training, the student is to perform bridge code welds and other related structural work. This course prepares students for the pipe welding program. Other areas of study include equipment maintenance, oxy-acetylene, and plasma cutting training.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Able to perform bridge code welds and other related structural work
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 3G & 4G Limited w/backing weld qualification test to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M 2015 standards
- Diversified in the SMAW-Stick welding process with a variety of different electrodes
- Able to understand the different electrode F-groups associated with SMAW
- Able to perform fillet and groove welds in all positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch