Together, Sallie Mae© and The Sallie Mae Fund share an enduring vision to make a difference nationally, and in our hometowns, through strategic grantmaking, scholarships, employee giving, and financial literacy programs that help power confidence as students begin their unique journey and ultimately thrive in college, careers, and community. Click here to learn more.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and The Sallie Mae Fund are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending an accredited post-secondary institutionopens in a new window. Two Hundred and Sixty students completing a two-year, four-year, or trade/vocational certificate/certification program will be selected to receive a gap scholarship $2,500 for the 2022 – 2023 academic school year. Selected students must be in good academic standing, but at risk of not returning to or graduating/ completing due to an outstanding financial need, and/or emergency situation that leads to a financial aid crisis.
- Enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited post-secondary institution or continuous education program opens in a new window
- Two-year Schools
- Four-year Schools
- Vocational/Technical certificate/certification program
- Open to Students planning to complete their degree or program by the end of Spring 2023 semester.
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be a diverse candidate
- Diverse shall include, but not limited to:
- Belonging to an underserved community
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate good moral character in all aspects of your life, including personal, professional, educational, in your community, and online presence
How to Apply
All Applicants Must:
- Answer the following Video Statement up to 2 mins:
- How will your education benefit you, your family, and the community?
This application opens July 4, 2022 and closes May 31st, 2023 (12 PM EST) or until funds are exhausted.
Click the button below to start the scholarship application.