Other Funding Sources

Loans:  For those who do not qualify for Title IV funding or have needs in excess than the funds awarded by the school may be eligible for a loan through their local bank or the following:

  • Bank of North Dakota: The DEAL Student Loan can help cover the cost of the desired program if federal loans, grants, scholarships and savings don’t meet funding needs.  Please note, student needs to be a resident of ND for this loan OR be enrolling or attending a ND LWT location.
  • Minnesota Self Loan: Student Loan option for MN residents only. Apply at selfloan.state.mn.us. Please note, this loan is for 480 hour Combination Welder I Program and 640 hour Combination Welder II Program only.

Email the LWT Financial Aid Office for more information and how to apply [email protected].

Trade Adjustment Act (TAA), Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the North America Federal Trade Act (NAFTA): These are federal programs for dislocated workers.  Check with your local Unemployment Office for more information on these programs. The WIOA has a specific program for youth up to the age of 24 and also adults that are older than 24.

GI Bill® funding: LWT’s 120 hour classes and higher are approved for Veterans education benefits on the GI Bill® (including Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation).  Veterans may, in some situations, transfer their GI Bill® benefits to their Children or Spouse. For more information, go to https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”

If you’re a Service member, Veteran, or family member interested in education and training opportunities, you can apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You can also manage your current benefits.  To apply for benefits, visit www.va.gov.

Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Operates under contract with most states.  Check with your local Vocational Rehabilitation office for more information.

Motivational Educational Training, Inc. (MET, Inc.): MET offers employment and training assistance in a service area that includes 5 States-Texas, Louisiana, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wyoming.  Eligible individuals must have been previously employed in agriculture.  For more information visit:  www.metinc.org.