1 Week (40 clock hours)
This course is only available on certain start dates. Please refer to Admissions for more information.
Course Description: This course is for welders with GMAW experience on steel that want to learn GMAW on aluminum. Students will learn Aluminum GMAW welding safety and instruction in the spray and pulse spray transfers. Completion of this course prepares students with the skills to weld aluminum with the GMAW process in all positions.
- Modes of metal transfer in GMAW
- Basic Aluminum Metallurgy
- Filler Metal Selection
- Metal preparation for aluminum welding
- Benefits of a push-pull gun over a spool gun
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 3G & 4G Limited w/backing weld qualification test.
- Prerequisites: Potential students must have experience in the GMAW process on steel.