40 Hr. – Enhance your GTAW skills and learn advanced techniques. Upon successful completion you will be prepared for passing welding tests in the GTAW process. Plus, be able to read blueprints and understand the different welding symbols
Learn proper techniques, filler metal and shielding gas selection for welding carbon steel pipe to meet ASME (vertical-up) welding code. The Pipe Welding courses include blueprint reading instruction and pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders.
Prerequisites: Must have 3G or 4G certification on carbon steel or will be required to weld sample tests before being permitted to start the course. Successful completion of our 80 hour GTAW-TIG course qualifies.
12 Week Program – 480 Hr. Course
Maximize your skills and learn the major welding disciplines in our 12 week combination course. Includes the GMAWMIG, GTAW-TIG, SMAW-Stick, and Pipe courses along with welding symbols, blueprint reading, and pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders. Training includes:
• 4 weeks of GMAW-MIG short-circuit, spray and pulse on steel plate
• 1 week of GTAW-TIG on steel plate
• 2 weeks of SMAW-Stick on steel plate
• 5 weeks of SMAW-Stick on carbon steel pipe
• Also includes training on welding symbols, blueprints and pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders.