“It is nice to have Dave’s shop so close to DMI Industries, we have been able to utilize his shop and services for some customized training and have also hired some of his students to work at DMI.”
The Gas Metal Arc Welding course is designed to teach welders about arc welding safety and the gas metal arc welding process (GMAW-MIG). This course last two weeks (80 hours) involving approximately 70 hours of booth instruction, and 10 hours of lecture and practice.
• Learn fundamentals of GMAW (MIG).
• Instruction on the metal arc transfer of short circuiting, globular, spray, and pulsed.
• How various shielding gasses affect gas metal arc welding.
• Individual booth time will be dedicated to welding on 11 ga. and 3/8” mild steel plate.
• Problems associated with welding situations and how to correct them.
• Maintenance of GMAW equipment.
• Welding Symbols.
• Oxy-Acetylene safety and hands on cutting.
Each student will have an understanding of how the GMAW process works and be able to perform a fillet and groove weld in all positions. Read and draw fillet welding symbols and produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene torch. At the completion of the course each student will receive a certificate.