Course materials/textbooks: $100.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this course is Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW-Stick). Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, and welding terms/symbols. During training the student is to perform bridge code welds and other related structural work, plus reading of welding symbols. Students will also learn how to properly use an oxy-acetylene torch. This course prepares students for the pipe welding program.
Each student will have an understanding of how the SMAW-Stick process works and be able to perform a fillet and groove weld in most positions. Students will also learn how to properly use an oxy-acetylene torch and plasma cutter.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Able to perform bridge code welds and other related structural work
- Diversified in the SMAW-Stick welding process with a variety of different electrodes
- Able to understand the different electrode F-groups associated with SMAW
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions
- Able to perform groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch
- Able to interpret welding symbols