Course materials/textbooks: $100.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Course Description: Students learn welding safety and instruction on short-circuiting and spray-arc transfers on mild steel. Training of the student will show them how to perform production and maintenance welding on mild steel including high-volume fabrication, repair and assembly. Completion of this course prepares students with the skills for the GMAW process welding tests.
Each student will have an understanding of how the GMAW process works and be able to perform a fillet and groove weld in most positions. Students will also learn how to properly use an oxy-acetylene torch and plasma cutter.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in the GMAW welding proces
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combination associated with GMAW
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions
- Able to perform groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch
- Able to interpret welding symbols