Course materials/textbooks: $135.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this program is Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). Students learn welding safety and instruction on all transfer modes. Training of the student will show them how to perform production quality welds. Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, welding terms/symbols, blueprint reading, and oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting training.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in the GMAW process
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 1G & 2G Limited w/backing weld qualification test to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M 2015 standards.
- Able to interpret welding symbols in addition with reading and understanding blueprints
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combinations associated with GMAW
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions
- Able to perform groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch