Course materials/textbooks: $135.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this program is Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). Students learn welding safety and instruction on the short-circuiting, spray and pulse spray transfers. Training of the student will show them how to perform production and maintenance welding on mild steel including high-volume fabrication, repair and assembly. Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, blueprint reading, and welding terms/symbols, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting training.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in the GMAW process
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 1G & 2G Limited w/backing weld qualification test to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M 2015 standards.
- Able to interpret welding symbols in addition with reading and understanding blueprints
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combinations associated with GMAW
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions
- Able to perform groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch