Course materials/textbooks: $375.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Prepares students with the skills and knowledge for employment in manufacturing, structural steel, and pipe welding. In addition, the student will obtain the ability to read and understand welding symbols, blueprint reading and pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders. This course is designed for individuals with no welding experience.
Course Description: The welding disciplines covered in this course are Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), on plate and on pipe. Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, blueprint reading, and welding terms/symbols, pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting training and safety.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW on plate & pipe.
- Able to interpret welding symbols in addition with reading and understanding blueprints/pipe layout
- Able to understand the different electrode F-groups associated with SMAW
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combinations associated with GMAW and FCAW
- Proficient at welding plate and pipe in the different welding processes/positions
- Equipped with the skills to perform weld qualification tests in each process to the AWS D1.1 & ASME standards
- Able to pass and obtain the American Welding Society SENSE certification requirements
- More marketable for job placement