Course materials/textbooks: $375.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Prepares students for entry-level employment in manufacturing, structural steel, and pipe welding. In addition, the student will obtain the ability to read and understand welding symbols, blueprint reading and pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders. This course is designed for individuals that have had some experience with welding.
Course Description: The welding disciplines covered in this course are Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), and Pipe Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW). Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, blueprint reading, and welding terms/symbols, pipe layout for pipe fitters and welders, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting training.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW & Pipe
- Able to interpret welding symbols in addition with reading and understanding blueprints/pipe layout
- Able to understand the different electrode F-groups associated with SMAW
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combinations associated with GMAW and FCAW
- Proficient at welding plate and pipe in the different welding processes/positions
- Equipped with the skills to perform weld qualification tests in each process to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M 2015 standards
- Able to pass and obtain the American Welding Society SENSE certification requirements
- More marketable for job placement