Course materials/textbooks: $135.00
Safety gear package: $475.00
Course Objective: Prepare students with the skills and knowledge for employment in manufacturing. This course is designed for individuals with no welding experience or limited welding experience and who want to pursue a career in the manufacturing industry.
Course Description: The welding process covered in this program is Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW or MIG). Students will learn welding safety and instruction on all transfer modes. Training of the students will show them how to perform quality fillet and groove welds. Other areas of study include safety, basic trade math, equipment maintenance, welding symbols, blueprint reading, oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting training.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be:
- Diversified in the GMAW process
- Equipped with the skills to perform the 1G & 2G Limited w/backing weld qualification test to the AWS D1.1/D1.1M 2015 standards
- Able to interpret welding symbols in addition with reading and understanding blueprints
- Knowledgeable and understand the different wire and shielding gas combinations associated with GMAW
- Proficient at performing fillet welds in all positions
- Able to perform groove welds in the flat and horizontal positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene & plasma torch