2 WEEKS 80 CLOCK HOURS TUITION $2,400.00 WELDING SUPPLIES (optional) $230.00
Course Description: The welding discipline covered in this course is Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW). Other areas of study include safety and equipment maintenance, and welding terms/symbols. Students learn arc welding safety and the fundamentals of GTAW (TIG) welding process. Welding positions on edge, corner, lap and fillet welds. Training will also teach the student to perform production and maintenance welding on mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be:
- Diversified in the GTAW welding process
- Able to understand the different wires and shielding gases
- Weld positions on edge, corner, lap and fillet welds
- Able to perform a fillet weld in most positions
- Able to understand the different welding symbols