2 WEEKS 80 CLOCK HOURS TUITION $2,400.00
WELDING SUPPLIES (optional) $230.00
Course Description: Students learn arc welding safety and instruction on short-circuiting and spray-arc techniques on mild steel. Training of the student will show them how to perform production and maintenance welding on mild steel including high-volume fabrication, repair and assembly. Completion of this course prepares students with the skills for the GMAW process welding tests.
Each student will have an understanding of how the GMAW process works and be able to perform a fillet and groove weld in most positions. Students will also learn how to properly use an oxy-acetylene torch.
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be:
- Diversified in the GMAW welding process
- Able to understand the different wires and shielding gasses
- Able to perform a fillet and groove weld in most positions
- Able to produce a quality cut with the oxy-acetylene torch
- Able to understand the different welding symbols